2011 Hyundai Santa Fe - Aging tires

My wife’s 2011 Hyundai SantaFe has 22,000 miles and is in excellent condition. Tires are original and though there is adequate tread I’m concerned about the aging of the tires and their condition since we live in Arizona and they have been through eight years of blistering hot summers. Should they be replaced?

Yes ………………

1 Like

Here is a story to support Volvo’s correct opinion. Hope it is helpful. Those tires may actually be older than 8 years.

Although they may look OK, I would also recommend replacing them. Heat and sunlight (ozone) are big enemies of tires.

I see new tires as one of the few things you can do to improve the performance of the car and make it meet your needs and wants better than the lowest common denominator tires that most cars come with. You can look at the questionable status of these old tires as an opportunity. If you like the car enough to keep it, here’s your chance!

Look into tirerack.com’s site and Consumer Reports’ November issues for actual test results about tires. Choose some that most closely agree with your criteria. You will be very pleased! It’s like it’s a new car.

Thanks for the information.

RT