2012 Hyundai Santa Fe: Need to change tires

My car tires need replacing, and the mechanic suggested this brand https://triangletiresph.com/ because of its durability. Anyone has advice or experience with them?

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2024/01/26/8-tire-brands-to-avoid/

Tester

3 Likes

Thanks for the info! Since I don’t have any experience with Triangle Tires yet, I’ll do some more research about the brand since my long time mechanic suggested it.

What is most important to you about your tires? And do you expect to keep this vehicle for a reasonably long time? Like maybe the lifetime of another set of tires?

And what kind of climate are you in? Desert southwest with mostly hot and dry roads? Or maybe Pacific Northeast with lots of wet. Or maybe central Rockies/US North or Northeast with snowy winters?

1 Like

Why do more research ? That link Tester posted should be enough to send you to a tire store site to find decent tires and forget those Triangle things.

1 Like

Looking for affordable and durable tires. I live in a warm, humid climate.

There’s the old saying that you get what you pay for. It’s true in the world of tires, though it’s also possible to overpay for your needs.

Others are skeptical of this, but I sometimes go to Tirerack, search for tires (you just put in your year / make / model) and check out reviews and best sellers and whatnot.

I’ve never actually bought anything from tirerack, but if I decide there’s something I want, I’ll ask a shop if they can supply it. Or you can buy from them and they have suggested installers.

3 Likes

With tires, most of the time you get what you pay for… And tires can/will make or break your vehicle ride experience, as well as safety in rain and or braking/cornering…

2 Likes

I think you should get 4 tires of 4 different brands and report back in a few years.

1 Like

Why are you even allowed to still post on this forum??..

@jorymroz_191502 do NOT pay any attention to TheWonderful90s poster as his post are mostly for entertainment purposes only and should be ignored at all cost…

3 Likes

The link you posted is in the Philippines. Is that where you are? This is primarily a US forum and we aren’t familiar with the Southeast Asian market. That said, we typically see US, European, and Japanese manufactured tires. They will be more expensive than the tires your mechanic recommended but will also last a lot longer and be better engineered. A lot of your decision depends on how much money you are willing to spend up front for tires.

How hard is it for people to give a location , such as the area not actual address?

Affordable and durable - that is why online reviews and dealer web sites exist.

+1
But, it does seem that the OP is located in The Philippines. If that is the case, I have to wonder why he/she would even consider buying tires made in China, which is a nation that wants to obliterate PH.

IMHO, Filipinos should try to not send more revenue to China.

1 Like

Discount tire is 1 mile from me. And Goodyear is 1/2 mile. I’d go to both and see what they have. Tell them your budget. And see what’s available.

You can see what they have and the price from home using the web sites. Most of them will even make appointments on their sites.

1 Like

It would be an experiment that would contribute to knowledge about tires. I think they are smart enough to know what buying 4 different brand of tires would be for. Why are you against me and not someone who is very possibly link spamming for SEO? They could at least make the link not clickable.

Many of the non-original equipment tires that I see on vehicles are manufactured in China, Malaysia, Korea, Vietnan etc.

They tell us tariffs would be a financial burden on the American people, so you’ll find that even popular brands like Michelin, Goodyear and Firestone tires are shipped to the United States from Asia and Mexico for greater profit.

2 Likes

For the same reason a lot of us here are. because you tend to post wrong and dangerous ideas and we are afraid that someone may think you know what you are talking about .

2 Likes

OP needs tires. GO to local tire shop. Sometimes shops have stuff they want to get rid of. I was at tiresplus and they had blizzaks for $30 each. Any size.

+1
Several years ago, a friend had a puncture of one tire on his Rav4, but because of its AWD and the amount of wear on the other 3 tires, he had to buy 4 tires. A local tire shop sold him some Bridgestone tires that had been discontinued more than 1 year prior. If he had gotten a bargain on those tires, it might have been acceptable, but the price was the list price, rather than a discount.