2011 Chevrolet Equinox Fuel Pump Replacement

I need help! I couldn’t take fuel pump off of this car.

Tester

It doesn’t look the same as in that video

Not @Tester 's fault… YOU did not tell us which engine you had. There is a 4 cylinder as in the video and you have a V6.

1 Like

Try to check this, this is base on my research but might help.

1. Safety first: Park the vehicle on a flat surface, engage the parking brake, and disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Relieve fuel system pressure: To avoid fuel spraying, locate the fuel pump relay or fuse in the fuse box, start the engine, and let it run until it stalls. This will depressurize the fuel system.
  3. Access the fuel pump: The fuel pump is usually located inside the fuel tank. You may need to remove the rear seat or access panel in the cargo area to reach the fuel pump assembly.
  4. Disconnect fuel lines and electrical connectors: Carefully disconnect the fuel lines and any electrical connectors attached to the fuel pump assembly.
  5. Remove the fuel pump assembly: Unfasten the bolts or clips holding the fuel pump assembly in place. Gently lift the assembly out of the fuel tank. Be cautious as the fuel pump assembly may still have some fuel in it.
  6. Replace the fuel pump: Take out the old fuel pump from the assembly and install the new one. Follow any specific instructions provided by the manufacturer.
  7. Reassemble the fuel pump assembly: Put the fuel pump assembly back into the fuel tank and secure it with the bolts or clips.
  8. Reconnect fuel lines and electrical connectors: Attach the fuel lines and electrical connectors to the fuel pump assembly.
  9. Check for leaks: Before reattaching the negative battery cable, turn the key to the “ON” position (not start) for a few seconds to prime the fuel system and check for any fuel leaks.
  10. Reconnect the battery: Once you’re sure there are no leaks, reconnect the negative battery cable.
  11. Test the fuel system: Start the engine and make sure everything is running smoothly. Double-check for any fuel leaks.

If you’re not confident in your automotive skills, it’s best to seek professional help. :slightly_smiling_face:

After getting the lines loose and the 2 bolts out you need to pull and wiggle the pump out. there is an O-ring on the pump where it goes inside that makes it a snug fit.

This may look different than yours but start video at about16:30 and you will get the idea

GMC 2.4 ecotec fuel pump replacement start to finish - Bing video

Remove the high-pressure fuel pipe from both fuel pump and fuel rail, you can’t just bend high pressure pipes out of the way.

Useless information ChatBot. None of this applies to the OPs post.

2 Likes

Engine doesn’t start

You have 2 fuel pumps

Low fuel pressure pump in the tank, which sends fuel up to the engine bay

From there on, the high pressure pump takes over, eventually sending high pressure fuel to the injectors

Have you verified the problem is indeed the high pressure pump . . . ?!

And if anybody hasn’t mentioned this yet . . . any and all seals and lines that are connected to the high pressure pump MUST be replaced after you loosen them

And any connections at the high pressure pump MUST be torqued to spec

3 Likes

ChatBot ain’t smart enough to figure out the pump won’t prime with the negative cable disconnected

4 Likes

I have a question for ChatBot @brownbreadcoffeecake, a sort of test to see how smart they are.

Question

Is the following statement true or false? “This statement is false”.

Good opportunity to use up some of Chatbot’s cpu cycles … lol …

1 Like

I love it, George!