2010 Subaru Outback lights flashing

cruise, brake, traction control, check engine lights flashing. seems to be possibly related to fuel? replaced the gas cap so now is intermittent but still happens depending on how much fuel is in the tank as far as I can tell. I have seen folks post about fuse replacements not sure which one and /or catalytic converter issues. Mechanic checked the codes and was able to turn them off but it did reoccur. He said the codes he got were everything from the O2 sensor to a steering arm alignment and a main computer code. Kind of like a search for a needle in a haystack.

Sounds like there was some communication misinterpretation between mechanic and you. Either way, you need to get a second opinion. Take it to another shop, and tell them codes were cleared.

That means stop driving your car NOW!

Not likely.

Not at all. If you post the codes your mechanic read - the number, not just a description - we will try and help.

I’d guess you won’t try and fix this yourself, but I’d REALLY try and find a better mechanic, yours doesn’t sound too clever.

3 Likes

Filled my gas tank up lights went out. No issues 2nd fill up either.

If the light stays off, drive on. If it were me, I’d check the codes just to see what was set. They can be read at most auto parts stores for free.

Will do Thanks!

1 Like

The warning lights circuit is tied into the alternator charging circuit for testing purposes. The trouble may be due excessive AC voltage ripple coming from the alternator due to faulty diodes inside the alternator. To see if that is the case, disconnect the small wire connections to the alternator and see if the trouble goes away. You will have a steady battery warning light with the wires removed, which is normal.