2010 Ford Focus turn signals don't work and car doors won't lock

Yea so I wen’t in my car yesterday and noticed that the doors werent locked, I though I had a door that wasn’t fully closed but when I double checked the doors still wouldn’t lock, and when I started driving I noticed that the turn signal doesn’t work either. Also the dashboard won’t show the temperature outside, everything else seems to be in order.

This sounds like a possible case of a bad Body Control Module.

1 Like

So I discovered that the turn signal actually does work but it just doesn’t show on the dashboard, the doors still won’t lock tho and the manual key won’t go in the door lock for some reason. The only error message that I get is “aux heating”, which I have no idea what that means.

I am not positive but your key fob should have a hidden key inside that fits your drivers door manual lock.

Where? I can’t even open my key fob.

Look in your owners manual or use Google to show you how to open your remote .

If your fob looks like this, there is no key inside.

The video I saw showed a remote with a door key inside but that does not mean it was correct. The solution probably is having the car fixed so everything works again .

Ask your shop to do the standard battery/alternator test: Before the first start of the day the battery should measure about 12.6 volts; then immediately after starting the engine 13.5 - 15.5 volts. What do they measure?