2010 Ford Escape - Brake issues after brief airborne event

Went over some rough railroad tracks too fast, went a little bit airborne. Right after that my 2010 ford escapes brake pedal went almost all the way to the floor. It was like my brakes needed to be bled, but they didnt. My mechanic bled the brakes, changed the master, still no brakes. What else could it be ?

Check all the wheel bearings…
If your mechanic threw a master cylinder (MC) at it without testing it then you probably need a new mechanic…

Clamp off all the brake hoses and feel the brake pedal, if it is very hard now then it probably not the MC, now unclamp one brake hose at a time, the pedal should only drop a little, then clamp it back making sure you have a hard pedal again then release a different brake hose, and do it until you find the one that drops the pedal very low, that is where you start investigating…

I have seen many MC get replaced over a loose wheel bearing…

Obviously if you find a loose wheel bearing from the get go, replace it due to safety reasons, then drive it to see how it does…

1 Like

Good ideas above, suggest to start w/those. If no joy, and presuming no obvious brake fluid leaks, and engine runs ok, other possibilities

• brake booster problem
  • rear drum brake parts (if applicable) got shaken loose or out of proper alignment
  • likewise for front calipers
  • brake pedal support/linkage broke

One thing is certain, if brake pedal goes to floor , there’s a reason. I expect you just need some more shop inspection work: check brake booster function, look under the dash in brake pedal area, remove rear drums for a look-see at the shoes, remove front wheels for a look-see at the front calipers, pads, & rotors.