2010 Ford Edge - Wrong fuel

I’m bothered more by the fact that the diesel option is not the one closest to the diesel pump. If you’re going to have a dedicated diesel pump, you should have the diesel option physically set apart on the control board from the gasoline options.

That picture of @Tester is really troubling. I have mentioned the confusion before about what Kwik Trip has been doing with labeling and I admit standing there studying the options myself trying to figure out what button to push. That diesel nozzle is green, but the label for the diesel button is yellow and the gas label is green. How confusing can you get? I thought we had some standards but evidently not. Then there are the color blind folks that are really going to have a problem. When I drove diesel, it was a separate pump just for diesel and a large diameter nozzle. Some folks could fit the gas nozzle in the diesel tank but not the other way around. Sheesh.

At any rate, drain the tank and start over.

Yeah, TERRIBLE colors on that pump. No surprise if someone puts green button and green nozzle together.

But nothing bad will happen. It won’t dispense anything out the diesel nozzle unless the diesel button is also depressed, right?

It is by far the most confusing pump I have seen. Must have been the same clowns that designed the new gas cans…

1 Like

You’re right.

As for the ‘green = diesel’ for nozzle color, that doesn’t work in Italy, there it can mean ethanol. Just in case you’re renting a car…

[quote=“Bing, post:22, topic:144372”]
there are the color blind folks
[/quote]That is something I never understood there have been people like that around for year’s my dad was that way I did know about until I was in my 20’s. The way I figure you learn color’s the same way you learn your letter’s & number’s from your parent;s they teach you this is red or yellow or blue or whatever you might see green where I see pink but to both of us it is the same color

My FIL is colorblind. He cannot discern between red and green, they both look the same to him. He has trouble with other colors but not to the same degree. He can see subtle differences in hues. My son has trouble telling the difference between blue and purple. There are many degrees of “colorblindness”. I found one online test that was very comprehensive. Revealed some age related loss that I have developed over the years.

What you pointed out has fascinated me since a young age. How we can possible/likely see something completely different but have learned to call it the same name.

1 Like

It’s worse for travelers from Oregon. We don’t pump our own gas. At least the new ones are fairly self explanatory, because they don’t have written instructions and, for a while, a different pump design seemed to be at every station. Honestly, I wouldn’t have known which nozzle to use on that pump.

I was thinking about another post we had here recently about traffic light viewer’s & oldtimers comment about the history traffic light’s before every thing was made to be standard I can see where that could be confusing for the color blind.