2010 Dodge Ram 1500 alarm goes off randomly

I have a dodge 1500 longhorn, the truck alarm randomly keeps going off every 2-3 hours. How do I stop this from happening?

Is this a factory alarm or an aftermarket alarm?

1 Like

Factory alarm

Is it easy to disable without creating more electrical problems? How necessary is it, anyway?

One possibility is one of the door latches may not be working making the vehicle think there’s a door ajar.

There is probably is a fuse for the alarm system. Look in your owners manual. Simply pull it and the alarm won’t activate. I don’t think your alarm is connected to the computer, but if it is the car may not start and you can’t pull the fuse.

You may have a bad door or hood switch. You could try to open and close each door/hood while the alarm is going and see if that will stop it and ID the defective switch. I don’t know if that will work, but it’s free to try.

There is also a way to reset the alarm, but I lost the URL link to that procedure.

The Cabin Compartment Node (CCN) will record which door set off the alarm last, this information will help to find if the hood switch or one of the door ajar switches is failing but a professional scan tool is needed to access data from the CCN.

The computer needs to see an input from one of the door lock switches or a signal from a keyless entry transmitter to arm the alarm, if you don’t want the alarm to arm, lock the door with the door lock knob.