2010 Buick LaCrosse - Thumps

Makes a thumping noise, sounds like from back wheel.

1 Like

Look carefully at the tire tread. Do you see any wear patterns? If so, the solution may be as simple as a new tire. My Corolla developed that symptom, easily noticed when slow speed turning in a parking lot, considered the possibility it was a faulty wheel bearing or strut problem, but turned out it was just a wear pattern had developed on the tire tread. New tires solved it in a jiffy.

2 Likes

I had a thump in a NEW Accord I bought in 2006. Drove me crazy. I had my (now X) wife drive while I sat in the trunk. We correctly diagnosed it as an exhaust-related sound. The dealer ended up spending a lot of time and money to fix it. A complete cats-back exhaust change fixed it for good. Prior to that, they tried brackets. It ended up being a loose part inside the muffler. I credit Honda in Lincoln RI for not giving up on me. We still have the car. Silent. I hope you have a bad tire! Easy fix.

No idea without hands on. If you are not mechanically inclined then you will have to have someone local examine it.

Possibles. Strut, control arm bushing, sway bar bushing, etc. Worst case; a rust car with a rotted subframe mount. Best case scenario; something (jack or lug wrench maybe) loose and banging around in the trunk.

1 Like

John, you are fortunate your ex didnt leave you locked in the trunk!

1 Like