2010 Audi A3 TDI has an horrible water leak

Hi, The floor under the passenger seat is really wet after a day of rain. The water is pooled under the the seat and only the top edge of the rear floor mat is wet. Took to the dealer already for this(only has 9000 miles) and they refitted weather stripping-securing door opening weather strip. I called the dealer and will take te car in on Monday. Is this going to be hard to fix? Could it be coming from somewhere else?

Yes, it probably is coming from somewhere else. I had the same problem on a 2002 Toyota Tacoma. The water was leaking in both through the windshield and through a poorly-sealed joint between the front right fender and the cab. Dealership had to replace the windshield and remove/reseal/reinstall the front right fender.

Ask the dealership if they have a Technical Service Bulletin on this problem. You’re likely not the only one with the leak.

Do you have a sunroof? They need to check for a pinch in the drain tube.

As silverge suggest, sunroofs don’t seal the rain out, They channel it out though drain hoses. If the hose (drain tube) gets clogged or kinked, it will leak.

Was the dealer able to fix the problem yesterday?
Yes, I realize that you might not know the answer to this question until it rains.

If the dealership has not rectified the problem, you need to “kick it up a notch” by involving Audi at the corporate level. Contact info can be found in your Owner’s Manual.

You paid a premium price for this car, and you deserve premium service from the dealership.
If you are not receiving premium service, you need to get Audi of America (or whatever they call their corporate entity in this country) involved.