2009 Pontiac Vibe

I have 4 lights that came on simultaneously on my 2009 Pontiac Vibe. My check engine, AWD, Traction Control and my VSC Off is blinking. I had the codes read at Advance Auto and 2 codes came up and they are C1201 Engine control module performance and P0456 Evaporative emission system leak detected (very small leak). Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

This is all related, and can likely be fixed by either tightening (or possibly replacing) the gas cap.

Whenever an emissions-related problem is detected (your situation relates to emissions from the gas tank), the Traction Control and VSC are disabled, along with the Cruise Control. That is because everything related to the engine or the emissions system has to be working optimally in order for the TC and VSC to be able to do their thing properly.

So, start by removing and then tightening the gas cap. Make sure that it clicks a couple of times. Then, go through a few “drive cycles” of starting the engine, driving at various speeds, and then shutting the engine off.
If after several drive cycles the lights don’t turn off, then you should consider replacing the gas cap as its gasket is probably ripped or otherwise damaged.

More than likely, your problem is nothing more than a loose or defective gas cap.

@VDCdriver
"Whenever an emissions-related problem is detected (your situation relates to emissions from the gas tank), the Traction Control and VSC are disabled, along with the Cruise Control."

I was not aware of this. A couple years ago my Bonneville triggered a large EVAP leak code (cleaning the filler neck and WD-40ing the cap seal fixed it), but it never involved anything with traction control nor the cruise control…

Is it only AWD vehicles?
CSA

I know Toyota’s (which this Pontiac Vibe is, at heart) always disable VSC, TC and cruise control whenever the check engine light illuminates for certain codes. Not all codes will trip all of the lights. Toyotas are also famous for lighting up all of the lights for a bad battery. Each time I have had a battery go bad in one of my Toyotas I get a battery light, TC, and VSC light.

I look forward to the day that cars are sophisticated enough to simply display the problem on the in-dash display.

“Is it only AWD vehicles?”

Nope!
However, as bloody knuckles pointed out, it definitely applies to Toyotas, and since a Pontiac Vibe is a Toyota Matrix with different badges, that is why it applies to this vehicle, which also is probably not equipped with AWD.

And, an additional note for the OP:
If you decide to replace the gas cap, I would suggest that you NOT get it at Auto Zone or its competitors. I recommend one from the vehicle manufacturer, so if no GM dealers in your area carry this gas cap in stock, you could simply go to a Toyota dealership and get a gas cap for a Toyota Matrix.

@Melody_1974
Just Cleaning The Filler Neck Where The Cap Seal Contacts It And The Cap Seal, Itself, With WD-40 (Or Equivalent) And A Rag Will Sometimes Do The Trick! Spray And Leave A Little Extra On These Locations. The Warning Lights May Not Go Out Immediately. It May Take A Couple Driving Trips.
CSA

Thanks for the good info @VDCdriver.