I first could not start my car in May 2019. It seemed battery issue. I had to leave the town for a previous commitment. So when I came back in June, I had someone help me to jumped it up and he told me it is not safe to drive because there might be some issues. I had it towed to the dealership and a day later I was told there was nothing wrong. The dealership charged me about the $100 for the labor. Just a days later, it happened again. I took it to a mechanic shop, not the dealership this time. They replaced the battery and did something else that might cause some problems in the near future. Now, two months later, I could not start the car again. This time it didn’t seem like a battery issue because it didn’t make any nose. I did try to jump it though, and it didn’t work. I had it towed to the dealership again, I was just told the key system in the steering column electronically failed. They need to replace the entire steering column and the price will be $4129.21 plus taxes. Should I go for it or better to have it checked by another mechanic shop to get a second opinion?
KeZang
1
Did something or FIXED something?? And what?
Yes, it is better to have at least a second opinion.
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Mechanic Fixed My Car Twice And It Still Broken | 7 | 9922 | February 13, 2011 | |
| 1991 Chevrolet Camaro - can't start after a short drive | 1 | 449 | February 4, 2019 | |
| Porsche Cayenne (2002) | 2 | 622 | March 25, 2022 | |
| Coincidence or Criminal Mischief | 21 | 2494 | August 23, 2010 | |
| 1998 Toyota Camry battery | 9 | 1342 | January 3, 2017 |