2008 Miata -- I can't part with it

OK, I’ll chip in. I have a 2002 Miata AND 4 Honda Elite scooters from 85 - 86. So clearly I’ve got more than transportation in mind. My feeling is - if you can afford it and if you can find a garage to rent - keep the Miata. That assumes you don’t owe money on it, of course. I think you can even buy a cover that protects the top from the weather. Otherwise, the car can stay outside. So, if you keep it, you own 2 vehicles. Big deal. You only drive one at a time. And, the Infiniti is a lovely machine, but it’s big and seats 4 and, if you live like the rest of us, most of the time there’s only 1 or 2 in the car. Come Spring, you wash the Miata, put the battery back in, put the top down, and smile your way around the neighborhood. What’s the problem?

I’ll bet many of the regular contributors to this forum own more than one vehicle per person in their households.

“The founder of Pappy’s Pizza chain just bought back his original 70’s camaro after an extensive search to find it. It was his first car and he loved it. I read that he paid a small 6-figure fortune to get it back and then spent another small fortune to have it restored to original condition. He can be seen driving it now in his TV commercials.”

That’s Papa John’s pizza. And John Schnatter can afford to buy anything he wants. Papa John started making pizza at his father’s bar, and now has more than 3000 outlets. He earned it.

This discussion has convinced me to keep the Miata for now. Monday I put the top down and took my grandson Joey for a ride. We both had a blast.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. They were helpful, esp the comments about MG’s. I think there are some people who really love MG’s. They are mechanics.

Thanks,
ilove2wax

No, I’m pretty sure the ones who loved MGs were the ones who never drove them. The ones who hated them were the owners. The ones who committed suicide over them were the mechanics. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like my Triumph 72 in the garage. Your real name isn’t Carl is it? You’ve kept the Miata this long, and I do not know if you can screen potential buyers to make sure they have a garage. If you have the money keep it until it looks like the repair bills make you no longer love it.

“Did they ever?”

Of course! For several minutes at least!

“The ones who committed suicide over them were the mechanics”

No, they got rich on them. Boats, RVs, cabins in the woods, beach houses…