2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Brake troubles

I bought 2007 Camery hybird, but the ABS MODULE always made noisy, and later I encounter a few dangerous case that I can not brake my car, even though I had replaced the pads and hardware parts, they are pretty new, but the brake system still does not work, almost kill me on the road.
To shook, Toyota dealer refused to fix it no charge, that is safety system, Toyota told me it is out of the reponsibility to repair it. I hope to get urgent help from Toyota, but unfornately none of Toyota dealer ship (Golling Toyota Shop refused) give me a call or seriously fix the safety issue without charge, this is Toyota, more safer???

Things break. They wear out. Toyota is not responsible for that. You have a 13 year old car. Take it to a good independent shop and have the brakes fixed before you have an accident.

5 Likes

Toyota extended the warranty on the hydraulic brake actuator to 10 years, it seems that you waited too long, they don’t offer a lifetime warranty.

4 Likes

They would fix it if you request it.
But for free, why do you think a 13 year old car would have anything, other than a recall, fixed for free.

1 Like

Thanks all for care, yes, I had request to recall this car, but Toyota refused, they found any sweet excuses for me, I do not believe any OEN built a car without Saftey Warranty ! But Toyota did not honest business for customer, they put customers life in risk. That is what I know from my case, I almost died on road because of the brake system, I tried to brake my car but unfortunately the car still tried to spee up forward. Horrible Toyota, no responsibilities for Toyota???

They refused to recall it, that is a question!

Yes, they said that is out of warranty, I had not yet received their warranty notice, I requested them to recall, but they did not do that . They dealership said they had no responsibility to recall or fix it no charge. This is Toyoda, remember Toyota you almost killed me by your sticky brake system, you already killed others, now Toyota said they had no responsibility for their Saftey system care!

The brake, pad and rotor are pretty new, they were just replaced last November, the disc surfaces are good status too. But ABS assembly module always made noisy when you start Engine or turn off engine, recently I driven my car to do double confirm it with an auto-shop, the brake system and ABS system still does not work, I test driving near by the auto-shop, I could not brake it again, I could not trust Toyota! They earn bloody business!

The brake, pad and rotor are pretty new, they were just replaced last November, the disc surfaces are good status too. But ABS assembly module always made noisy when you start Engine or turn off engine, recently I driven my car to do double confirm it with an auto-shop, the brake system and ABS system still does not work, I test driving nearby the auto-shop, I could not brake it again, I could not trust Toyota! They earn bloody business! The safety system should be covered all life, no body like to drive a car without safety control system. Right?

You should have had that repaired in 2007 when the car was under warranty.

3 Likes

Not clear if this was bought new by you or used . It is out of warranty and the extended repair order has expired . It is that simple . You only have one choice if you are concerned about driving this vehicle. You tow it to an independent shop to repair brakes then trade for something other than a Toyota .

1 Like

Yeah, I bought it in 2014, a second hand. Too disappointed about that!

Sounds like you are a Toyota owner but not a Toyota customer. The people at Toyota know who purchased the car new, to that person they might offer some consideration after the warranty has expired.

1 Like

Yeah, I am not Toyota owner, but a tricked man! I felt very disappointed about that, nobody would like to buy a car without Saftey control system. Never never!

You bought a 7 year old vehicle that was out of warranty . No one tricked you especially Toyota because they had nothing to do with it. You could have had similar problems with any brand of used vehicle .

5 Likes

I do not trust Toyota again because they can not ensure their car Saftey control system, that is down-to -earth!

Toyota also knew their car had this killer issue, they recalled cars because of this issue before, some terrible accident happened too, they said this car safety issue is out of warranty, great cleaning hands!

A failed hydraulic brake actuator is a safety issue if you ignore the warning lights and continue to drive the vehicle.

I have replaced many of these and there are always many warning lights illuminated. If these brake systems were failing without warning they would have been subject to a recall.

Your dissatisfaction isn’t because Toyota sells unsafe vehicles, it is because you need to pay for the repairs on a 13 year old used car.

5 Likes

Pretty much every part of the braking system on my '07 Highlander has been replaced 3 times. Ecept the actuator. So now I know what’s next :frowning:

No carmaker offers a lifetime warranty on brakes, or pretty much anything.

2 Likes

( car Safety control system ) that is really a strange way to refer to brakes .