2007 Honda CR-V

The A/C in my 2mth old 07 CR-V randomly seems to turn off every 5 - 10 minutes for about 3 - 4 seconds, happens on every setting, and in Texas, with mega hot days, it’s really irritating as the car heats up quickly. This is also my first Honda after a series of Volvos, so have no clue if this is the norm.

No, it is not the norm. You have a bumper-to-bumper warranty that covers every part of the car for X number of miles/months, and I suggest that you take advantage of that warranty.

There is also a Lemon Law in most states that can result in a buy-back of the vehicle if a defect can’t be fixed in X number of attempts or if the vehicle is out of service for X number of days. The details of both the warranty and the Lemon Law should be sitting in your glove compartment.

Don’t accept any BS from the service department like, “they all do that”. Educate yourself and demand (politely but firmly) that they rectify the problem.

Thanks - I have an appt set for later this week. Glad to know it’s not something I should have to accept as standard.