2006 Odyssey - Random Flat Tire Sound

I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey. About 2 years ago, I started out on a long trip only to hear a noise and suttle vibration coming from the passenger side (front I think) that made me think I had a flat tire. So I pulled over to the side of the road and checked all tires and they were fine. Decided to drive back to my point of origination. Turned off the car and had my Dad hop in with me to drive it around. It did not make the sound. 2.5 years later, the other day it did the same thing to my wife. She thought she had a flat tire. I told her to pull over, turn off the car and turn it back on. The noise went away. Does this sound like an electrical issue or possibly something to do with the ABS?

Since it is very intermittent, it sounds like a flat spot on a tire. Has the car been parked for some time? Other possibilities include wheel bearing or CV joint – these don’t tend to go away, however.

Twotone

I would say it was not parked any longer than normal. No, it’s not like it was parked for days. I agree with you in that it is not likely a wheel bearing or CV joint because it goes away instantly once you turn off the vehicle and turn it back on. That’s the part that is baffling, but leads me to think perhaps it’s something electrical. Not really sure. I called my Honda dealership, the one I always take it to for routine servicing, and they said they have not heard of any other people reporting that kind of problem. They’d have to look over the vehicle to know for sure.

How fast were you going when you heard/felt it? Could it have been your traction control kicking in to keep your front wheels from spinning on snow/ice/or sand? Do you know what this sounds and feels like? Living in Minnesota, this happens to me in winter if I accelerate too quickly from a stop or slow speed on slippery roads.

Did you feel anything different in the steering wheel or brake pedal? Did any lights come on the dash?

What about tires slightly out of balance?