2006 Focus 4dr sedan, rear right-side squeak

Squeak most noticeable, and constant, when freeway driving 55mph or higher, or by simply by pushing down near the right rear wheel. From underneath, squeak seems to originate from under right rear door, in front of rear wheel.

3 shops have not solved issue. One covered part of gas tank with some kind of adhesive backed foam, theory was tank rubbing against something. Another thought shock was making noise, but replacing shocks and mounts changed nothing. I also had both rear lateral arms (dog bones) and knuckles replaced due to wear, also didn’t stop squeak. Car handles fine. Any ideas appreciated.

You’re Trying Too Hard And Spending Too Much. I Think I’ve Got It !

Many 2006 & 2007 Focus owners complain of this PITA (squeak in the rear).

Luckily, Ford made available a plastic insert that fits the hole used for locating one end of the parking brake cable. The noise comes from contact between the parking brake cables and looped wire cable guides. You need to remove the cable guide bolt and insert the insert ( Ford Part Number 380707-S ) in the hole on the other end of the guide and reattach with the bolt. Clean the cables and guides well while you’re doing this operation. Voilà !

CSA

“From underneath, squeak seems to originate from under right rear door, in front of rear wheel.

I forgot to mention that the parking brake guides are probably anchored right in that vicinity. Have a look.

CSA