2006 Dodge Grand Caravan cuts out at 3000 rpm

my 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan cuts out at 3000 RPMS. We have replaced plugs, wires,coil and EGR. Any ideas about what is causing this?

Is the check engine light on? How many miles on this car?

Why did you change plugs, wire, coil and EGR? Was the mechanic just guessing or was the Check Engine light on and did he read the error codes that turned the light on? Can you tells us what they were?

Can you take it to an auto parts store and have them read the codes. Get a list and post them here (usually like P0300 or P0420, that format) and we will try to help.

The check engine light was on and the mechanic replaced the EGR valve. Then he told us that it really did need new plugs and wires Etc so we changed those out. It still ran rough, no engine light came on after egr was replaced.After talking to dodge we decided to go ahead and change the coil. That is not taking care of the problem as it is still cutting out. It has 140,000 miles on it. No engine light has come on since the egr was changed.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

It sounds like it could be a fuel pump or a fuel filter. Both would restrict the amount of fuel which would restrict the maximum RPM you could see. Neither would likely set a check engine light.

I would be a bit wary of your mechanic if you told him about this problem and he didn’t check the fuel system.

If this happened after the EGR, plugs and wires (and it was time for all that to be replaced), then he wouldn’t know to look for fuel problems so I’d take it back to him and tell him what is going on.

Thank you for your advise.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

1 Like