2006 Audi A4 sagging headliner

I own a 2006 Audi A-4 Quattro wagon and today I noticed that the headliner has begun to sag. The car has 110,000+ miles and I am very pleased with it. What would you recommend to fix this problem since I have a limited income and I can not afford to take it to a dealer to have it fixed.

Put ’ replace auto headliner ’ in your search engine or call auto upholstery shops. It might not be as expensive as you think and it is not a dealer repair.

I had 2 headliners done last year

One on a car with no sunroof . . . $225

The other had a sunroof . . . about $300

I live in Los Angeles, for reference, but I had the headliners redone in a low rent area, to save some money on labor.

I read a lot of reviews and talked to people before I picked a shop

Depending on how bad the problem is, a spray can of headliner or upholstery adhesive can be used to re-attach the fabric to the headliner panel. That’s how the car makers attach it. Spray the backside and press it back into place. Use an old butterknife to tuck in the edges.

Thanks for the info. I will see if it works for me. If not, it will be off to the upholstery shop.

1 Like

I’ve done a couple myself. Not that big a deal if you are careful and take your time. You have to remove the shell which might include trim, then scrape all the old material and glue off, and glue on new material. You can get matching material from an auto upholstery supplier or I’ve used Atrim out of Oklahoma. Reasonable and have all the materials. So a hundred doing it yourself or pay the shop. May old upholstery guy said he guarantees them to the first stop.