2005 Suzuki Forenza Wagon rpm problems

I have a 2005 Suzuki Forenza Wagon. Not too long after we bought it, I noticed that the engine stays at the same rpm even when I stop. It doesn’t happen all the time, but it seems to happen more in cold weather. It’s usually that I’m driving at 3,000 rpm and I go to slow down and stop and even take it out of gear, but it still doesn’t come down until about 5 sec. after I’ve stopped completely. We asked the dealership about it and they said that it was nothing to worry about. We need a second opinion. Can anyone give us info?

Is the engine actually staying at 3,000 rpm, and pulling the car as you try to slow, or is it just the tachometer needle that stays at 3,000? How do you slow down if the engine stays at 3,000 rpm?

Does this car have a manual transmission or an automatic?

Get away from the dealer and get a second opinion from another mechanic. If the throttle is sticking and holding the engine at high rpm, it is INDEED something to worry about.

I’m still able to slow down like normal, but the needle does stay at 2,000 to 3,000 rpm. And the engine sounds like I’m trying to accelerate (while I’m braking). It is a manual transmission. Thanks for your reply!