2005 Subaru Legacy Engine Light

My 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i - the engine light is on and the cruise control light is blinking. This happened once before and it went away after I recapped the fuel cap. However, this time it did not work. The car is running ok. Any suggestions?

The cruise control blinks since the Check Engine Light is on in Subaru.

Typically you get the codes checked by an autoparts store or pay a mechanic to read/diagnose them. Or in my case I waited a week and then went off in my Acura.

Make sure the gas cap is on tight. The manual says to have it at least ‘click’ three times.
If it is related to the gas cap, it will go away eventually. Have the code pulled anyway and post it here. That way you know for sure.

The cruise control light blinks because it is disabled while a code is thrown.

You may want to think about purchasing a code reader so you can check the codes yourself. If you do decide to purchase one make sure it can handle the ISO9141 protocol standard.

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here.