2005 Park Av Buick

Can’t you unlock the door with the manual lock/unlock knob?

NO. And w no power windows will not open. Only way to get it open from inside is to remove the panel part ways. Just so you can get to the bottom corner and manually move the lever over.

Wife’s 92 is the same way can not be unlocked with the door handle.

@Renegade no

Yeah correct. The rear doors were the “safety” doors and the doors would not unlock with the handle.

I’m thinking the unlock lever on the Pontiac only activates the power lock, not mechanical. Gotta leave in a few minutes so I’ll check.
Edit: Naw, the button activates the power lock but you can still pull the knob up manually.

Of course I always carry that window break-away tool but that seems kind of extreme. I’m trying to envision calling the wife and walking her through opening the hood, finding the battery, and wiggling the post, or finding the charger and putting it on.

Now remember a few years ago we were talking about that kid that got locking in his BMW drunk by his friends and couldn’t get out, but died trying?

1 Like

In my case that would be a waste of breath about the only thing she knoes is how to open the hood and check the oil that she is good at doing weekly;

What about the knob above the handle?

The family of a 14-year-old Central California girl is suing BMW North America and a local school district over the teenager’s heat stroke death inside a locked vehicle from which there was allegedly no escape.

There is not a knob above the handle it is a slide that will not work with the key turned of or if the battery is to low.

I find this very hard to believe. Such a car would make a great holding cell, though.

That’s good to hear, because it means that you care more, and that is a good thing.
:thinking:

1 Like

I don’t know whether this applies to a '64 Comet (probably not…) but there were some car models in the late '50s-early '60s that had “paddle style” handles right in front of the armrest, on which passengers were likely to rest their hand. It was very easy to inadvertently open the door if the passenger wasn’t careful.

2 Likes

It must be common for the lock control rod to become disconnected from the latch on these cars. Lock rod clips are $2.