2005 honda pilot power window problem

My driver side power window on my '05 Honda Pilot is not working. Checked all fuses and none are blown. At first I thought it may be the window regulator/motor. I got an new aftermarket regulator/motor set and connected it to the 6-pin control and power cable to test it prior to installation. It did move when I hit the switch. BUT the power window control unit (magic black box in driver side door) clicked when I try to use the failed driver side window. I understand that this control unit also controls the other windows and they all work just fine AND the control unit does NOT click when I lower/raise those other windows. Do I have a bad power window control unit? Is it suppose to click when I lower the driver side window (and not click with other windows)? Could it be something else? I did check the output voltage to the driver window regulator and it did not have the required 12 V to run the motor when switch is activated. Any help or insight?

The clicking noise you hear may be the circuit breaker for the power windows activating. See if you can move any of the other windows right after you hear the click. If they don’t move then there is a short somewhere on the circuit for the driver side window. The window could also be jammed and locking up the motor but from what you say you replaced the unit as a test and still had the clicking with no voltage present, which means there is a short to ground somewhere before that point and after the switch.

I had the same problem with same conditions, even I paid an extra $90.00 for the Power Window
Control Unit, but it didn’t fixed. Later I found that + 12 v dc on pin 1 of P W Control U. is coming
from connector F on door panel. ( courtesy light connector on door panel )

The driver side power window on my 2005 Honda Pilot is not working. I ve already checked all fuses and none are blown. I thought it may be the window motor arm and I bought a new one, I ve set it and nothing. The power window control unit was clicking when I pressed the switch, clicked when I try to use the failed driver side window. I also bought this control unit ( black box ) and replaced it and continue the same. The others windows are working good. Do you have any idea, any advise?? Could it be something else? Does somebody else have had this problem before?? Any help or insight?
Thanks…

I don’t have much experience w/ repairing power windows myself. I’m a manual window roll-em-up aficionado. But conceptually power windows are just a simple dc motor circuit. The switch connects battery power to the motor is all. If you got voltage, and the motor isn’t totally shot, it’s going to move the window up and down, jiggle it a little at least. If you got no sign of motion at all, my guess is you got no voltage going to the motor. And since it is the driver’s side that’s the problem, that would more likely be caused by the switch itself has failed. B/c you use the drivers side switch much more than the other window switches. Focus on testing the switch.

I know I’m a little late, but I just went through this same problem.
Replaced motor and regulator.
A problem disassembling motor to make the window go down to line up two bolts with the holes.
Replaced black box left power window control unit.
Just clicking from the unit…my old one did the same.
The window still didn’t work.

I found no power coming in to the black box on the slightly thicker green wire at the end of the plug.
I cut it and hotwired it with an inline fuse and it’s fixed.
HOWEVER, I’ve read in two places that you must have the door light plugged in to test the window, a little bit awkward.
I may have over-engineered, but mine works fine.

Hi fellas, the same problem happened to me a few months ago… It took me three weeks to resolve the problem and this forum helped me…
Go directly and check the socket of the courtesy light located at the bottom of the door… the power incredibly pass trough this socket before comes to the main black box… check the power in the socket and clean up the contacts and replace the light bulb if it’s necessary…

Hi fellas, the same problem happened to me a few months ago… It took me three weeks to resolve the problem and this forum helped me…

Go directly and check the socket of the courtesy light located at the bottom of the door… the power incredibly pass trough this socket before comes to the main black box… check the power in the socket and clean up the contacts and replace the light bulb if it’s necessary…

What about the passenger front window? I have everything connected and mynfuses are good but it still doesn’t work. :frowning: