2005 honda element stalls

My 2005 Honda Element stalls on the highway at about 3000 rpm. The engine doesn’t stop but just drops to about idle speed and slows. if I pull over and wait I can then get back on the highway and continue. I have to be careful to keep the engine speed below 3000 rpm or it will happen again. the first time it did this a hose (possible vaccum hose) attached to the air filter box had pulled out. I pushed it back in and the car ran fine for a few days. is this a vaccum problem or transmission problem or, or.???

It doesn’t sound like a transmission problem.
It could be a vacuum problem, or–more likely–a fuel delivery problem.

When was the last time that the fuel filter was changed?
If it has been more than 3 years, changing the fuel filter would be a wise thing to do. If the filter is partially clogged, it is also possible for it to damage the fuel pump.

This problem occured on my 2005 5 speed manuel transmission Element at 70,000 and 90,000 miles. The check engine light came on and I noticed at 3000 RPM the engine would die until the revs dropped to 2000 RPM. As long as I kept the engine below 3000 RPMs the engine would act normal. I think the computer was in the limp home mode and was attempting to prevent damage to the engine. After I shut the engine off when I arrived home the check engine light did not come back on and all was well until 90,000 miles when the check engine light came back on and the same symptoms re-appeared. This time shutting the engine off did not correct the problem. The Honda dealer replaced V tec switch 37250-PNE-G01, part cost 77.33 USD. Labor 196.00 USD.I now have 103,000 miles with no issues.