2004 Nissan Sentra - Stalls in same spot

My car is a stick shift. About 7-8 times over the past 3-4 years, my car engine has died upon returning from Church services around 6 PM at the same left lane turn light (when I’m waiting for the signal to turn green). There is about a one degree uphill grade in that area. The engine is warm by the time I reach this intersection in the warn to hot climate in the Sacramento Area. Sometimes the engine restarts in a minute of two, and sometimes after having the engine turned off 5+ minutes. Once this happened I-80 in Davis at 65 mph passing through Davis, CA on a level stretch. I got the engine to restart in 10+ seconds while coasting in traffic in the middle land (as a nervous wreck). I use mid grade gasoline as it gets better mpg. What gives’s? Should I switch FAITHS?

A lotta description of everything except the engine size, miles of the car or whether the check engine light is on. So no guesses from me. Please add more info so we can help.

2 Likes

Not all 2004 sentras had the same engine. I am guessing you have an SE-R and the fault lies with your crankshaft sensor. You can do some research on Nissans and crankshaft sensor problems. As the previous poster pointed out you need to provide more information, and seeing this is a 3 or 4 year old issue that seems intermittent other than some mysterious connection to your leaving church, what have you had diagnosed in all of this time?

you should pray more…seriously,the head gasket was a problem on those because they choose to go for a cheaper manufacturer.All 2004 I have seen had head gasket problem.