2004 Corolla 60K maintenance question

Toyota uses 10 year coolant (2004 and newer), that should be replaced now.

It would depend on what type of shop is doing the maintenance, where I work we are required to do a complete inspection on an oil change as well as a 30K. The management doesn’t want to pass up an opportunity to sell brakes, a wiper blade or a light bulb.

I don’t keep coolant in any vehicle for 10 years

In my opinion, telling people to keep the coolant in their car for 10 years is a bad idea, just like the idea that “lifetime transmission fluid” doesn’t need to be serviced

@db4690 Correct; Toyota recommends coolant change with their extra long life coolant at 8 years or 60,000 miles. My Toyota will be 8 years old next February, but it will only have about 48,000 miles. But I will change it. It’s all about additive depletion and contamination.

“My Toyota will be 8 years old next February, but it will only have about 48,000 miles. But I will change it.”

And every 5 years after that.
So I took a conservative step and changed the coolant in my Toyota at 5 years and ~24,000 miles.
Since the old fluid looked fine I just drained & refilled the radiator, no complete exchange.
At 10 years I plan to change again and replace the thermostat & radiator cap.

@circuitsmith Wise decision; these changes cost relatively little and ensure continued reliability. I would pressure test the cooling system every 5 years or so thereafter and regualrly inspect clamps and hoses.