Car: 2004 Honda Accord EX 2.4L
Work that has been done within the last 2 weeks:
- Power steering pump replaced (and belt)
- Rack and pinion replaced
- Wheel alignment
- (2) New tires (currently on rear, fronts are close to new themselves)
- All brake pads and rotors replaced
When driving on the highway this morning, I noticed vibration. It was there at various speeds (not just in a specific range of speed), however it was not 100% consistent in it’s amplitude (example: if driving 60, it may be more so intense or less so a few min later). I did not experience any pull to one side or the other, and it didn’t feel like the wheel was shaking back and forth, but there was a vibration coming through, and the sound to match it.
When I finally arrived at work, and parked the car, I noticed a strong smell. Thinking it was related I investigated each wheel and found the passenger front was extremely hot and the source of the smell. The heat was definitely coming off the rotor (spit on it and it sizzled). Compared against the driver side, there was nothing abnormal to the driver side wheel, no high heat.
- Does this indicate an issue with the front passenger brake or caliper?
- Are there any additional actions or tests I can perform to narrow the issue if it is not already apparent?
Thanks you for your help.