2003 Venture Low Beam Out

My low beam is out on the passenger side, so I changed the bulb but it still isn’t working. Next, I checked the fuses - there are none in place for it or the driver side, either. Anyone have any suggestions?

Low Beam relay. Probably wherethe fuses are, probably under the hood. ShHould be labeled. A relay is like a little black cube, with four plat pins on the bottom plugged in…

Nothing there labeled like that. There are two which make reference to the headlamps but nothing specific to the low beams or the passenger side. Will go see what I can find online. Thanks for the lead!

Here is the headlight wiring diagram for your vehicle. It looks to me like power to the low beams exits the dimmer switch as one wire (Tan) goes to the underhood fuse block through either a fuse or relay and exits as two independent Tan wires.
~Michael

In response to Dart’s post, if the wire travels from the dimmer switch to the underhood center then it’s definitely doing to a relay. The fuse for the headlight circuit would be before the headlight switch OR the dimmer.

If only one of two low beams is out, and you’ve replaced the bulb, then there’s a few possibilities.

The first is that you touched the bulb while you installed it. You can only touch the base, not the bulb itself. If you touched the glass, especially with it being hot and your hands inevitably being sweaty when you replaced it, the bulb would have burned out instantaneously the moment you switched the lights on. If you weren’t paying close attention then you may not have noticed the breif flash of light, which would have been all the bulb would have been able to produce.

There’s also the possibility of a broken wire between the bulb and the relay center. There could also be a burned out fusible link between the bulb and the relay center, if one exists. Dart, what does that diagram say about fusibles?

The wiring harness could be dirty, or bad.

I doubt the relay because I beleive both lights would be off if that were bad. Same for the dimmer switch, the light switch, and any fuses. The circuit is only one path until it reaches the business end of the relay. The design probably has two wires leaving a single port on the relay center.

You’ll need a voltmeter. Start by checking for battery voltage at the wiring harness for the bulb with the switch on. If none is present, then work your way through the circuit until you hit where the two wires become one. It’s probably at the relay center, so you won’t have to go far.

If there IS battery voltage at the wiring harness terminals, then you ruined the bulb. Replace it again, but this time, do not touch the bulb or (preferably AND) use clean gloves. Latex, plastic or nitrile. Not leather, which gives off oil like skin.

Anytime you replace one headlight, you should ALWAYS replace it’s partner. Never just one low beam, always both, same for high beams. Just like brakes or tires. Never alone, always pairs.

-Matt