2003 Toyota MR2 - Where is my emergency brake cable?

Emergency brake cable location

Above or below the floor board

Tester

Mine ends up at the back brake calipers.

No experience w/your car, but I’m seeing some indications in the service data for both a front and rear cable. No idea of the routing of either cable , but if of any help, replacing both sides of the rear cable is spec’d at about 3 hours labor. I see no time estimate for the front cable, presumably a doodle. I’ve never heard of a config with parking brakes both front and rear, maybe you only have one or the other. The cables pretty much have to start near the parking brake lever and end at the calipers, should be a pretty good clue how to determine the actual routing.

Rock Auto lists a front parking brake cable for a 1973 Ford F100, go look under your truck.

An equalizer bracket generally connects the front cable to the rear cables. Nothing to do with the front brakes.

Ok, that must be what they mean by “front cable”.

OP, why do you think you need a new cable? The only problem I’ve had with my cable-actuated parking brakes was a problem with it sticking b/c of rust on the ratcheting mechanism, near the lever/pedal. A little lube fixed that straight away.