2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse alarm won’t shut off

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse that the alarm will not stop. Disconnected battery in hopes it would reset it but that didn’t work. There is no remote. I have tried all the standard fixes. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

If this is an aftermarket system, have it disconnected. If it’s a factory system, you’ll probably have to take it to the dealer to take a look at it

Thank you. It’s a factory. Dealer is about 60 miles away and really didn’t like their attitude when I called them. Thx again.

If there isn’t another dealership closer, you could try going to an automotive electronics place that specializes in aftermarket security systems. There could be some diagnosis they can run that you aren’t able to do…sorry it’s such a terrible dealership!!

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help

1 Like

If the alarm won’t disarm by unlocking either door with the key then one of the lock cylinder switches have been knocked off. Remove the door panels and inspect the lock cylinder switches.

Thank you. The alarm activated when I unlocked the driver door. No remote. My husband checked the cylinder switch and it seems fine. He took out fuses under hood to stop horn. Has it now where only lights flash when car is turned to on or cranked. The power looks don’t work so I thought it had to be something with locking.

If the alarm sounded by just turning the key to unlock the door there seems to be a problem with one of the lock cylinder switches, that will also disable the central door locking system so the door panel lock/unlock switches won’t work. How was he able to see the lock cylinder switches?

He took the door panel off. I admit was not there and unsure of things he did to check it.