Car Alarm Problem

About 3 years ago, I had problems with my car alarm, which I have had disabled for years. About every other week, I’d come out in the morning to go to work, and my car was dead. This repeated, but each time the frequency of the occurrence increased until it was happening almost every day. Then a day occurred where I was unable to turn off the alarm (remember that I had it disabled). I finally had to disconnect the battery. I had it towed to my mechanic who said that there was a short in the alarm system, which he fixed. I have had no problems since then until about a month ago. I put the key in the lock, opened the door, and the alarm went off! Well, three days later, I went to start the car and the key was turned about 20% of the way, and everything went dead. My mechanic said that it was a simple fix. Well, today I went to get in my car, turned the key, opened the door and the alarm went off again. So, I’m expecting that in a couple of days that I’m going to start my car and it’s going to go dead again. I have since realized that what happened was that the alarm system thought that someone was stealing the car and so it shut it down. So, if it does happen in a couple of days, how do I reset the system in order to use the car? Is just disconnecting the battery for about 5 minutes enough, or is there more to it? The owners manual of the car has absolutely nothing on the alarm system. It’s as if it doesn’t exist.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Search “Mitsubishi Diamante disable car alarm” and you will find a lot of people have the very same problem with the factory car alarm. No good solutions since it is part of a controller that handles a number of things beyond the car alarm.

You might try taking it to a dealer for another try at fixing it. Good Luck.

That is a good suggestion… IF the OP can find a Mitsubishi dealership anywhere in his neck of the woods.

As Mitsu’s sales in The US kept declining, more and more of their dealerships closed, and there just aren’t many left from what I observe. In my area, I have dealerships for Range Rover, Maserati, Porsche, Aston-Martin, Lotus, Bentley, and Jaguar much closer than the nearest Mitsubishi dealership.
:thinking:

1 Like