2003 Dodge Neon transmission

I recently aquired a 2003 Dodge Neon and have also aquired a problem with the automatic transmission.
The check engine light was on so I read the codes and they are noted below

P0700 Transmission Control System Malfunction
P0755 Shift Solenoid B Malfunction

Based upon some very basic research, I checked into replacing the Transmission Control solenoid.
It sounded like this is a pretty common problem for this transmission, so hopefully this would fix the problem.

I was able to get the old one pulled off without to much trouble, but prir to installing the new one I was wondering if there would be a way to test the old one to verify that it was acutally bad. I would prefer to not install the new $150 part only to find out that this was not the problem. (and then I could not return it once it had been installed) Maybe some low air pressure on the ports and verify that the ports / flow changes if 12 VDC is applied to the right pins?

A little more informaiton in regards to the “failure” mode. The transmission appears to act the same no matter if it is placed in 1,3 or D. (reverse works fine) I would have expected that it would limit out with the motor taching up pretty high at about 20 MPH in 1(low). It goes down the road fine up to about 55 mph and then the engine starts taching up.

I also tried to reset the error codes with my “craftsman” code reader and it would not do it. I seem to recall seeing something about needing to reset codes before the new solenoid would work. Will pulling the battery for an hour clear the code? Do I need to clear the code?

Any help / insights are appreciated,

Thanks

seggy83

Well, I found a wiring diagram at the library via a Chilton online system.
The solenoid connector has 8 wires.
One common,
Three switches
four solenoids
I used an ohm meter and found the solenoid between terminals 4 and 8 was open.
I bolted in the new solenoid and the car runs great.