2003 Dodge Durango coolant leak

Hello everyone,

The Dodge Durango coolant leak is coming from the right side. Is it a hose or something bigger.
Thanks

You need to isolate the leak. It could be a hose or pump or gasket.

“Is it a hose or something bigger.”

Yes.

One has to start with careful visual inspection. There’s no way to do that by internet. You can probably find dyes to add to coolant to assist in the visual inspection.

Are you serious???

@redcap6

Why did you flag @keith

He asked a legitimate question

Without being able to look at the truck ourselves, we can’t tell you what’s leaking

Please crawl underneath the truck and take some pictures. And then post them

Thanks

I’ve been flagged, well that is one more thing I can check off my bucket list.

My knee hurts. Is it a muscle or a ligament?

Seriously, take a look under the hood and see if you can tell us the general area of the leak. Using your eyes and a good light you should be able to describe the part that is leaking coolant. Then we can help you more.

I may have inadvertently flagged keith and if so, my sincerest apologies and feel free to whack me.
The mouse hand is not working very well; a few weeks ago it was a cut on the right middle finger and now it’s a matter of the same finger being badly swollen after jamming it.
Maybe I need to give up the mouse or amputate the finger… :slight_smile:

I use an ipad and it’s very easy to mistakenly touch the " flag" icon. Cartalk web gurus, please make those icons larger and spaced farther apart! They’re way too tiny and closely spaced for tablet users.

ok4450, I’d rather be flagged by you than some random troll, at least that means I was flagged by a someone I respect. If you flag me, either it was an accident or I truly deserve it, so in either case I will never hold it against you. We may not always share the same opinion, but I always respect your opinion.

Hmm, I thought I posted this earlier:

@ok4450 and @keith: The OP did the flagging.

To the OP: It should be clear that we need a lot more info before we can give you even mildly intelligent advice. It could be as minor as a loose hose clamp or as major as a blown head gasket.

If you click on the flag icon, you can see who flagged you

OP did it, presumably because he didn’t like the answers he was getting

I see now, on the other things like agree or disagree, you only need to move your cursor over the icon, but you have to click on the flag to see. I didn’t click on it because I didn’t want to flag myself, but I get it now.

You can’t react to your own posts, meaning you couldn’t flag, disagree, agree, etc. with yourself

Well, I learned something else today. I never tried to react to my own posts.