2002 Mazda Millenia S Repair Manual

My son has a 2002 Mazda Millenia and on his behalf I am looking for a Haynes or Chilton Type of repair manual for it. My on-line search was unsuccessful. Is the Millenia included with another Mazda or other make and model manual? If so which one? Or is it very similar to another Mazda model? If so which one?. I further discovered 2 manuals that may be close for basic repairs for my 2002 Mazda Millenia. The first is a Haynes manual for the years 1993-2001 626, MX-6 and Ford Probe.The second is a Chilton manual for years 1990-1999 for the Mazda 323, 626, and Millenia. Is either of these close enough to the 2002 Mazda Millenia S to use for basic repairs, or is there another manual(s) closer. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

signed: Father of active, deployed Navy man.

A “generic” Haynes or Chilton repair manual for Mazdas of that era will probably suffice for most parts of that Millenia. However, the “S” type Millenia is unique in that it has a Miller Cycle engine, which is…let’s just say…unorthodox in many ways. To the best of my knowledge, no other production cars were ever equipped with a Miller Cycle engine!

Because of the uniqueness of that engine, I would suggest trying to get the Genuine Mazda factory service manual. Perhaps you can find one on e-bay.

VDCdriver: Thank you for assisting. I had checked the factor service manuals but were too costly for my basic needs. Which of the above 2 manuals would be better?

Those Haynes and Chiltons soft cover manuals could be considered barely ok at best. They repeat the same generic info no matter the make of car, are frequently short on any detailed info, and the worst thing of all; they have errors both as to procedures and technical specifications.
If this is a choice between a soft cover Haynes or Chiltons then take the Haynes every time.

The hard cover Chiltons is a bit better and even an on-line service like ALLDATA is not entirely complete or accurate.

A good service manual (factory, MOTOR manuals, etc) is generally going to be pricier but worth it. If this is just about the basics then the soft cover Haynes may work.

For my 2002 Mazda Millenia S, where exactly is the connector for the code scanner hookup?