2002 Dodge Neon - Strange Sounds

My Neon has this strange problem and I can’t figure it out neither can my mechanic. Mainly when I’m making a left hand turn there is a knock sound underneath the car, like I can almost feel something jerking up underneath my pedals. And then after making the left hand turn and then accelerating… my car would almost feel like it was stuck to the left and jerk itself straight again. Sorry, it’s kind of hard to explain but I can’t figure it out for the life of me.

NOTE: I have replaced/checked the Lateral and Radius Bushings, Control Arm Bushings, Sway Bar and I also recently got new rims and tires which at that point I got an alignment. But nothing has worked so far and I’m at a loss.

Has anyone inspected the steering rack?

You might also check the motor mounts.

@VDCdriver - Eh… tbh, I don’t even know what the steering rack is or where to find it. Steering isn’t really my forte when it comes to cars…

@Triedaq - I did and they were all just replaced for Inspection back in August due to being in really bad shape. It made it a tad bit better but it didn’t actually fix the problem.

It sounds to me like you have a bad CV joint. They usually knock in a turn when they get worn out. I would have them checked out.