2001 PT Cruiser Fog Lights ISSUE~battery drain

Ive been doing the research online…
I did read an earlier discussion on the same thing-
" Foglights come on mysteriously!?!? by ‘Lugnuttz’ in April 2008"

‘Americar’ (if your still on here)
your responses to this one and to a different but similar PTCruiser discussion were…
“The multi function switch is the source of the problem and is a common problem with the PT Cruiser.
The turn signal switch, AKA multi function switch seem to go bad a lot on the PT. And when it does it can cause the fog lights to stay on, and possible other electrical drains after the car has been turned off. That would be the highest suspect thing to check first”

At another PT Cruiser forum it is also said to replace the multi function switch too.
“Old Part# - 04671594AD (2001 PT)
New Part# - 05073049AB
Cost to purchase at dealer - $63.45 plus tax
Install time - 30 minutes or less”
It was also suggested that I could remove the “No#8 fuse out of the interior fuse box. This will prevent the fogs from coming on at all.”

Yet another member had suggested this too-
“try repairing the switch before replacing it. there are several threads with step by step instructions. it took me less than an hour to fix mine and didn’t cost anything but the time. materials needed are a soda can and super glue, most people have these around the house…”

Any feedback here on ‘Car Talk’ would be greatly appreciated.

I have replaced a number of PT Cruiser multi function switches because the fog lights would not turn off, did you have a question?

Hi Nevada what do you think about this suggestion?_"“try repairing the switch before replacing it. there are several threads with step by step instructions. it took me less than an hour to fix mine and didn’t cost anything but the time. materials needed are a soda can and super glue, most people have these around the house…”

I never tried to disassemble the switch, I think it would end up in the trash can if I did.

For only $65 and maybe an hours worth of time (I always count on more time then estimated) I would just go ahead and replace the switch.