2001 Ford Escape EGR "TUBE"

I have a 2001 Ford Escape with 155,000 miles on it. The check engine light came on and I went to AutoZone to get the code. The code came back that something was wrong with the EGR Tube. Not the EGR itself, but the tube. Ford sells this part, but no one else does. Has anyone heard of having to replace an EGR Tube? Is there a way to clean it?

There’s no way to repair the EGR tube. It requires replacement when the orifice inside fails. At this point, the only source for this part is the dealer.

Tester

There may, I say may, be a technical service bulletin about this. You’ll need to read all of the technical service bulletins to find out. Then, you could tell us. Anyone else?

I went online and saw numerous accounts of burst (“blown out”) EGR / EGR connector tube, and plugged catalytic converters.
So many people (even dealers and other repair shops) are replacing the parts affected by the problem; but, they are not doing anything about the cause of the problem. The new parts will, in turn, be damaged by the unresolved problem, expensively.
From the information gathered from different people with this problem, a heavy load of fuel and air is entering the EGR valve and tube and being ignited (“blowing up” the EGR valve / tube).
The symptoms point towards too much fuel being injected into the intake manifold, going into the EGR Valve, and passing through the engine to the catalytic converters. In both the EGR valve and catalytic converters, the air/fuel mixture burns creating a lot of heat and pressure. The excessive fuel and air needs to be reduced.
To reduce the excess fuel, the ‘fuel control system’ needs to be checked, adjusted, and repaired. One particular area to look at is excessive fuel pressure.
The Fuel Pressure & Temperature (FP&T) Sensor, on the engine fuel rail, sends signals to the engine cmputer. The FP&T Sensor DOESN’T control fuel pressure. The engine computer controls fuel pressure (using the information it get from the FP&T Sensor, and other sensors).
Get the fuel pressure reduced, by correcting the inputs and outputs to the engine computer, and the symptoms (melted catalytic converters and EGR valves) will cease.