2001 Chevy Malibu

What causes the engine rpm’s to drop off & either spit & sputter or turn engine completely off & will restart. This is not a continuous matter, very intermediate.

Make that intermittent.Cause is either fuel or ignition related

Have you checked to see if there are any error codes stored in the computer? Has the CEL (Check Engine Lamp) come on?

I have put 2 cans of Heet in it, changed the fuel filter, checked fuel pressure while driving the pressures were from 48 - 56. No change when it would cut out. I checked electronic module & throttle position switch. I changed both crank sensors & one cam sensor.

No codes are found. The CEL does not come on. I have changed both crank sensors & one cam sensor. I have checked the electronic module & throttle position switch. Do you have any other ideas???

I change an air filter on wife’s 3.1 Buick the other day and didn’t get the MAF hose completly on and it had similar symptomes but the cel came on. Or maybe a vacuum line may be a lttle loose.

I checked the vaccum line & did not find any loose. Do you have any other suggestions. Thanks,