my car, a chevy Malibu 2015 LS 2.5L has been having some issues for a few weeks. Here is the full story:
- Rpm are very low at idle (when in drive, higher when in park) and more importantly, it is not constant, stable over time, it goes up and down and sometimes it causes the car to stall. Stalls happened no matter if the car was in drive or in park.
- When driving, the car loses power at some point, as if the engine was choking. Sometimes when going downhill and not pressing the accelerator, the car accelerates a little bit by its own during a small second as if more gas or air was suddenly coming up to the engine…
- It is often hard to start the car, it cranks but starts only after a few seconds.
- 2 months ago, the rpm went suddenly off after a pretty brutal jerking on the interstate (as if it has changed down a gear and changed it back suddenly or if the motor turned off). After that the rpm stayed on off and the check engine light went on.
- Unplugging the battery and to plug it back seemed to temporarily solve the problems. It works during two/three days and I start having the same issues again.
- I brought the car to Chevrolet and apparently the check engine light returned a message saying that the crank sensor was defective. They replaced the crank sensor twice, and they also fixed a vacuum leak in the engine.
Even after that the car still has the same issues.
- I don’t know if it’s linked, but check engine light went on about 6 months ago, this time for the oxygen probe. The mechanic told me that the probe was dirty, so he cleaned it and the light turned off.
Any idea of what could be the issue, and where to bring the car to be fixed?