2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4WD SE

Hi, we are thinking of purchasing a used Frontier for $6500 2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4WD SE…

I have heard 3 things about this truck “plugging of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Passages (2.4L engine only) and failure of the Fuel Pump Sending Unit Assembly Connector Terminals” and “an occasional problem on this vehicle is the failure of the Thermo Control Amplifier”

Does anyone own one of these and how reliable to you feel them to be? Also what gas mileage do they get on the highway?

No…but a comment. In general, the Frontier has average to good reliability over the past ten years according to CR. You can go crazy, nit picking individual trouble spots, especially in light of a ten year old truck whose potential problems depend much more on how well maintained it is. Buy CR on news strands to get performance opinions. Mine is that it’s a potantially decent compact used truck but could be the worse buy in the world if poorly maintained.

Cool, thanks for your input… this truck is apparently well maintained so that is why we are considering it… thank you!

I own a 99 Frontier 4x4 V-6, I don’t know about the EGR Valve or the Thermo Control issues, but the the fuel pump sender connection could be covered by a Recall, mine was. Take it to a Nissan Dealer & have them check to see if there is any recalls for your truck and if the recall had been performed. My last truck was 1990 Nissan pickup (2.4L I think) & it had 109,000 miles when I sold it to my dad & now has over 180,000 miles. My 99 Frontier has over 210,000 miles on it now. No major problems with both trucks, I think they are very reliable.

Thank you… this truck may have already been taken in for the recall… I will ask… thanks again…