1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet - water in rear foot well

I was driving in a steady, fairly heavy rain the other day, when my nephew, who was riding in the back seat (passenger side) noticed water by his feet. It was a good deal of water, and clearly not just dampness from wet shoes. I can’t really say if this has ever happened before, since I hardly ever drive this car in the rain and almost never have anyone in the back seats. However, I suspect that this is the first time since there has never been any musty smell. My first thought was that there must be a problem with the roof, since I just had the top replaced in the fall. However, there were no apparent drips or leaks coming from the roof. Not really sure where it was coming from, but it was all puddling on the floor. The water was only in that quadrant - rear passenger side. No water anywhere else. BTW - the car is in great shape and only has 30k miles. It is garage-kept most of the year. Any thoughts? Could there be a drain that is plugged somewhere? Would like to have some ideas before I go back to the people who replaced the top. Thanks!

Could be the rear taillight gasket leaking.

A good autobody shop is going to have to take a good look at the car. Water propogates through paths that can be a challenge to locate. I once found water coming into a spare tire well that was coming from a very small chip/hole in a lower corner of a taillight.

I hope to removed the carpeting in the wet area to let the floorpan and carpeting & padding dry out.

It could still be the roof. The seal to the car behind the rear seat or the rear window. You can test it with a garden hose. Someone sprays while you check inside. It would probably be better to do it without a nozzle so that the water is confined to a small area. Move very slowly so that you give the water time to move through to the floor.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback and suggestions.