1999 olds cutlass

How do I remove and replace a dash mounted ignition lock cylinder and key. The repair shop wants $350.00. I believe I can do it myself with a little help.

I’m Not Going To Write Out The Procedure Here (Too Much Trouble). I’m Not Going To Copy The Procedure Here (Copyright Violation).

I will say it involves disconnecting the battery, popping off the trim ring around the igniton cylinder, popping off the trim panel surrounding it, gets into the dealing with tilt wheel lever, more trim, etcetera. You don’t want to set the air bag off !

Go to your public library and see if they have a reference Service Manual that has your car make and model and the procedure. My library would let you make copies.

OR

Take some of that savings you’ll realize (from that less than $350 DIY idea) and buy a Service Manual for your car. Take a look in Auto Parts stores and find one for your specific car and see if it covers the ignition switch. It’ll probably cost you 20 or 30 bucks, but you’ll use it again for something.

Sorry, but I buy manuals for all of my cars and that’s what you need to do, too.

CSA

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

You’re Welcome. Pictures In Manuals Are Sometimes Worth A 1,000 Words.
CSA