1998 Mazda MazdaSpeed Miata MX-5 - Value

What is my Mazda mistake worth?

Kelly Blue Book will give you a price for your mistake . I can’t see your vehicle and have no idea where you are .

4 Likes

$100 because the engine is seized and the transmission is shot plus all the body rust, or $5,000 because it is in pretty good shape. You give us ZERO information on the condition so no way to help with a price.

Google is your friend https://www.autoblog.com/cars-for-sale/year-1989-1998/make1-Mazda/model1-Miata

2 Likes

If it runs and drives and you deliver it, for $500 I’ll take it off your hands.

2 Likes

Provide information, like mileage, condition, options and we might have some answers. I usually take the value in clean condition (good running condition with no obvious flaws and normal wear), then subtract out everything it needs to get it to clean condition. As mentioned above, you can use KBB, or Edmunds, NADA Guides, or a few others.

If you have an OK relationship with a bank or credit union, someone in their loan department can probably give you good advice on a car’s market value.

1 Like

Drop by a few car dealers, ask them for offers. That’ll be a low, but easy to get, value. You can ask a bit more selling it directly, but that can be a pain.

We took an older car to our regular mechanic a few months ago for an oil change, and asked what it needed to get it in good shape. The bill was about $2000, and just about what I thought. We then took it to CarMax and received an offer of $1500. I also checked the value on line at Edmunds, and decided that the CarMax offer was too good to pass up. Even my wife agreed, and she originally wanted to keep the car.

Plot twist, there’s no such thing as a 1998 MazdaSpeed Miata. They were only made in 2004 and 2005.

3 Likes

The heading is from the Ask Someone site ( a really dumb idea ) then moved here by a Moderator. Many of those have the wrong year or vehicle name .

I doubt if Janet will return .

I am thinking Janet had very rosy picture in her head of what it would be like to own a cute little sports car…

I think the reality of ownership set in… whatever issue that might be… small, hard to get in and out of, limited luggage space, rough ride, noisy on the highway…