1998 Chrysler sebring

I just bought a 1998 Chrysler Sebring convertible. I love the car, however I am having a small problem. Every-time I leave the car, the passenger side door locks automatically. The manual says in-order to turn off the auto lock, you have to turn the car to on (without starting it) four times, then hit the lock button. I did this but the auto lock is still on. Any ideas?

The doors should not lock automaticlly after exit, this vehicle did not come with this feature. You have an aftermarket alarm or a switch/BCM malfunction.

The owners manual information you read must be for the rolling door lock feature, the doors will lock when the vehicle reaches 15 MPH.

Nevada 545 I think you hit the nail on the head! I checked under the hood and there is a after market alarm on the car. Thank you. (Now I just have to figure out how to disarm it.)

You found the speaker under the hood. Now look under the dash near the steering column. You might find an extra module stuffed in there with a mess of loose wires. There may be a button that allows you to toggle through the features to turn them on or off but without the book you’ll be lost.
I dislike aftermarket systems and always remove them.