1997 Chevy K1500, 5.7L V-8, Running lousy

I Have a 1997 Chevy K1500 with a 5.7L vortec V-8 that is running rough at idle and it kinda stumbles over itself at low power. I have done a tune-up, changed the fuel filter and pump, and also the EGR valve. Nothing has changed and seeing if anyone might know anything about it. Also my engine is not on. Thanks.

How about plugs and wires? Do you have more problems when it is warm or cold, damp or dry etc.

You shoul have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code not just their translation into English and post it back here. It likely will have a format like P1234. Often the codes will be there even if the light is not on.

Thanks, I did find a bad plug wire while having a new distributer put in. I broke my plastic ditributer a few years agoa nd finally decided to have that fixed as well. LOL. I had so many codes from the miss firing cylinder it wasn’t funny. Up and running like a top now. Thanks for the info. Who ever knew lifetime wires would go bad. Glad I kept my reciept.