1997 Acura Integra - Car is not good

My car really sucks how do i fix this?

You knew that when you bought it.

sell it. problem solved.

1 Like

Can you be more specific about what’s wrong? i.e., poor mpg, sloppy handling, bad brakes, hard starting, etc.?

1 Like

Those cars were the cat’s pajamas 24 years ago.

2 Likes

Easy peasy, take the car to an independent mechanic, tell them the problems, get a quote and pay them to fix it.

In some states you can get antique plates for this car.

3 Likes

You car is 24 years old. Might simply be time for a newer car.

3 Likes

My son had a 96 and when I started to get concerned about how we could peddle it, he got rear ended. Time to look for a new ride I think.

I call BS. The Acura Integra was considered a great car for most of its production run. In fact, the Integra was one of the most commonly stolen cars in the U.S. for a long time, because people wanted the superior engine, which could be installed into a Civic.

1 Like

Absolutely!
Why should there be a need to repair anything on a car that is only 24 years old?
:smirk:

3 Likes

You ask a bare bones question with not one iota of information and expect a straight answer?

First step. Raise car. Place jack stands underneath. Drop transmission…

That should get the process going. With the transmission on the ground post back for further steps…

My first car sucked also. I got rid of it…

1 Like

Troll. Did you notice his name?

3 Likes

Well gee, “them” were welcomed to the community so figured them were screened? Guess not.

I noticed the name right off the bat. Just figured low brow…

a lot of trolls lately.

1 Like

… and possibly somebody with poor hygiene habits…
:smirk:

4 Likes

Maybe I should ask Carolyn to change my screen name to “clogged_arteries”.

4 Likes

I have an old Hoover vacuum cleaner in the garage that hardly sucks at all. Maybe we should trade?

5 Likes

^ This. Depending on how (and whether) it’s been maintained there could be a world of things wrong with it.