1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL

Symptoms:

1) Sometimes it will start, other’s it won’t

2) When it does start, if you give it gas it stalls

3) brand new Fuel Injector Coils as well as brand new crankshaft and Camshaft Positioning Sensors…

Could anyone give me some help as to why the car is doing this, it’s got close to 148,000 miles on the engine

I think you are going to have to get a diagnostic computer on it. Could be as simple as an engine temperature sensor so that the computer doesn’t know what the temp is to be able to properly set the fuel mixture. Have you checked the idle control valve and also check the fuel pressure to see if the pump or the pressure regulator is providing good fuel pressure. By injector coil do you mean the injector with the coil mounted on it, or the ignition coil?

yep, sure do… we put a code scanner to it, and it gave us the Crank/Cam Sensors, we got them replaced… I just hate how it gives you these codes and there could be a hundred different things that go with the code…

I agree. That’s why you need a good mechanic to find the real problem and to replace the part that’s actually needed.

My father thinks the timing chain jumped…

Its not really a hundred different things. Codes don’t “give you” the info that sensors are bad. They really just report circuit problems. So you assumed that since the code description had the part name in it that you replace the part? Expensive way to do things.

Anyway, what were the exact codes? As in the actual numbers.

I just hate how it gives you these codes and there could be a hundred different things that go with the code Very true, but it means you have a hundred possibilities rather than a thousand. The code only points you toward where the problem is coming from.

That is sure better than nothing.