1994 Honda Accord LX - No Start

I posted another thread about my 1994 Honda Accord that was difficult to start. It now has a couple new issues that seem to warrant an additional question.

When I turn the key to the ON (II) Position the Check Engine light comes on, I hear no clicks from the main relay, no whine from the fuel pump and the Check Engine light remains on. Does this indicate a bad relay, a bad ECU or something else?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

It’s normal for the Check Engine light to come on and stay on when the ignition switch is turned to the run position. This is the self-test mode to indicate that engine management system is working properly.

To confirm that the fuel pump isn’t functioning, remove the gas cap, and while someone listens down the filler tube of the gas tank, turn ignition switch to the run position. The fuel pump should be heard to run for a second or two and then shut off. If that’s not heard, then the main fuel pump relay above the drivers left knee may be faulty.

Tester

Is that the same part that is referred to as the “main relay” in a lot of cases (Mitsuba RZ-0088)?

Is there a way to bypass the relay to manually operate the fuel pump (for example: by using a jumper to make a connection) as a means to diagnose that the relay is actually the culprit?