I have a 1993 Buick Regal which dies after starting and the oil pressure gauge flucuates. it also dies while its running. Could this be the fuel filter?
It could be any number of issues.
Here’s a few:
- Faulty IAC (Idle Air Control) valve.
- Clogged fuel filter or moisture in the fuel system.
- Damaged plug wires or fouled plugs (perhaps even the wrong ones and improperly gapped.
- Damaged ignition system wires.
- Dirty throttle body.
- Faulty emissions systems.
- Vacuum leak(s). Hoses, plenum, intake manifold, air intake hose connections,etc.
Try the easiest checks first, but above all, do not start throwing parts at it. That’s way too costly.
You need a diagnosis first.