1990 Crown Victoria - Whine Noise Coming From Back of Car

I am getting this constant whining noise coming from the back of my 1990 Crown Vic. It’s loudest by the back wheels. Definitely not coming form the engine. It happens constantly, even while I am idling. I have a video but I don’t think I can share that on here? I don’t see a place to attach a video.

That would be from the fuel pump, the fuel tank is between the rear wheels.

2 Likes

Hi Nevada_545. Thank you so much! I figured out how to send a video. Can you take a listen? You think that’s still the issue after listening? This is a great community. I did not expect to get an answer so quickly! Whine from Crown Vic

There is an upward arrow on the tool bar at the top of the response box. It’s in the middle of your choices. Click on it and upload your video.

1 Like

Post the link for your video on youtube.

Thank you!

Sound like a jet plane. What other issue do you have with the car?Is it driving OK?

1 Like

It also sounded louder when you showed the underside of the car. I think it’s the fuel pump too. Are you going to replace it yourself or have it replaced? If you pay a shop to do it, just ask them what the noise is, how to fix it, and what it will cost. That way they are responsible for the entire repair, not just putting on the parts you told them to replace.

1 Like

It is driving perfectly. No other issues. My mechanic wasn’t able to figure out the heat and the ac so he put a vice grip/clamp on the hose by the engine and told me to take it off when the weather gets cold so that I can use my heater.

That person is not a mechanic . You need a real independent shop .

4 Likes

I am pretty sure my mechanic replaced the fuel pump, already, last month. He did quite a bit of work on it. I will look at the list, on my receipt, of what he did. It was about $2,600.

Go somewhere else because your mechanic doesn’t want to diagnose this properly.

1 Like

Yes, I agree that I need to find someone else to repair this. He just works out of his garage in this small country town we just moved into. He was recommended by some of the folks out here.

A grease monkey!

1 Like

Haha. yep, I suppose so. But all of you have been SUPER helpful and I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Let us know what the verdict is because we are always learning new things.This 30 year old Crown Vict is a great car…they don’t make them like this anymore.

1 Like

I will certainly update as soon as I find out. It really is a great car. Such a smooth ride!!!

He figured out a no cost solution, I wouldn’t spend hundreds of dollars on HVAC repairs on a car this old.

2 Likes